General & Laparoscopic Surgery
The Department of General and Laparoscopic Surgery offers advanced surgical care and support for patients with acute illness or injury, based on a multi-disciplinary approach. The team at Fortis JK Hospitals, comprising of highly experienced Surgeons, trained nurses and ancillary staff, is capable of handling even the most complicated cases – be it an emergency or planned admission – with unparalleled expertise. We provide evidence-based medical care, with strict adherence to international treatment protocols. We have well equipped Operation Theatres that are state-of-the-art technical supported. Offering Outpatient, Inpatient and 24 hours Emergency Care.
Equipment & Devices
- Laparoscopic instruments
- Staplers (linear, circular, MIPH)
- Harmonic & other general surgical instruments
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic Appendicectomy, Laparoscopic Ventral hernia repair, Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy, Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoid (MIPH) and Diagnostic Laparoscopy.
- Lower Limb: Varicose veins, Burger’s disease, Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT), Gangrene limbs.
- Abdominal: Exploratory Laparotomy & Perforation repair, Resection Anastomoses, Intestinal Obstruction Surgery, Splenectomy Gastro Jejunotomy, Cholecystectomy, Mesenteric Cysts, Retroperitoneal Tumours, Colostomy / Ileostomy & others.
- Trauma: All types of Emergency Surgeries, Abdominal Trauma, Chest Trauma, Poly Trauma, Emergency Surgery, ICU Care & Trauma Rehabilitation.
- Tumours: Complete diagnosis and operative treatment for cysts and tumours, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenals, breast, lipomas and tumours of the abdomen.
- Abdominal surgeries such as Gall Bladder, Biliary tract Surgeries, Appendix, Intestines (open/ laparoscopic surgery), Pancreatic Surgery, Liver Surgery, Hiatal Hernia Surgeries, Ulcer Surgeries.
- All kinds of hernias: Both by open and by laparoscopic surgery, Groin Hernias, Ventral Scar Hernias, Epigastric Hernias.
- Anorectal Cryosurgery
- Anorectal Diseases: Abscesses, fistula, fissure and piles with many benefits to the patient such as minimal blood loss, less pain and early recovery.
- Trauma surgery/ Surgical Critical Care
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Breast surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Surgical oncology